Saturday, December 24, 2011

T'was the Night Before Christmas

Here we are, just over two hours short of Christmas.  In some parts, it's already Christmas. (right Aaron?)  For many, this is a time to be with family.  To exchange gifts.  To see the sparkle in the eyes of the "good girls and boys" as they tear the wrappings off of "just what I wanted!!!!"  For some, it's the time to celebrate the birth of baby Jesus.

Unfortunately, there are far, far too many families who, right now, are hurting because they're celebrating this Christmas with one less family member.  A family member lost tragically to suicide.  And, it's to those families, and friends, that my heart really goes out to.  While we all gather around our Christmas trees with our families, our loved ones, our friends, keep these people close to your hearts.  I know I will.

So, right now, I just want to take time out to wish a very Merry Christmas to you, Jamey Rodemeyer.  And, to you Jasmine McClain.  And, you, too, Ashlynn Conner.  You, Roger Crouch.  Colton Wilson, Merry Christmas.  Also to you, Jacob Rogers.  Merry Christmas to you, Mason Carter.  And, to you, Isabelle Guyler.  Ben Lewis, you, too.  And, Cameron DeVeronica, Merry Christmas.

And, then there's Jamie Hubley.  I'm sure you're leading the choir right now singing beautiful Christmas carols.  You've probably even done a rousing rendition of "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch!!".  I'm sure they'll love it as much as we did here.  I singled you out, Jamie, because even though every single one of these suicides touched me profoundly, you have left a mark on me forever.  You changed my life.  So, to you my friend, very Merry Christmas.  And, never forget:  this blog and always will be inspired by you.

To the families and friends of these wonderful people, I wish you peace, love, and a very Merry Christmas.  If you can, take solace in knowing that your loved ones have a front row seat as we celebrate the birth of Jesus.

To those of you who have been reading this blog, I wish you a very Merry Christmas, as well.  Thank you so much for continuing to read this blog, for getting involved, and for trying to make a difference.  There's no better gift we can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment