This isn’t about politics, really. This is about loving and caring. This is about tolerance. This is more about right and wrong. And, it’s about survival.
- Every single hard-fought gain the LGBT community has made will be erased. The few states that do have marriage equality? Gone. Anti-discrimination policies that protects the LGBT community? Forget about it.
- The death rate amongst LGBT teens will continue to soar. It’s as simple as that. Look, let’s take off the blinders. The ultra-conservative, far-right wing, Christian faction hates us. Period. Ironic, isn't it? Christians hating. Yet, we’ve heard preachers tell their congregation that we should die. These are Christians. These are leaders. These people are the driving force behind the Republican Party today.
- Today's Republican Party is being spearheaded by some of the most narrow-minded, evil-spirited "politicians" I've ever seen in my lifetime. That there are Republican senators working feverishly to pass legislation that will, in effect, sanction the bullying of LGBT teens should tell you all that you need to know. And, that's just a small fraction of the threat they pose to the LGBT community.
- Just last week, a landmark gay bar was set ablaze in Chicago.
- The LGBT Headquarters in Washington, DC recently endured a bomb threat.
- Schoolyard bullies are more empowered than ever in their attacks against those they perceive to be LGBT schoolmates, driving many to commit suicide.
- In the news just today, an ultra-conservative mayor in Michigan added fuel to the already-raging firestorm directed towards her by way of a recall vote with yet another ridiculous statement about the LGBT community.
Honestly, this really isn't about politics, per se. It's more about right and wrong. It's wrong for people to use positions of power to systematically destroy a group of people. To call for the death of a group of people is called genocide. How is that even legal? Maybe within the next four years, they'll get some people in their party who actually care about ALL people, including people in the LGBT community. Maybe that's asking too much. Well, at the very least, we can hope for a group of people who aren't as mean-spirited as this collection is. Until then, I think we need to do everything in our power to make sure they don't succeed in November.